Published on May 25, 2021
OtherWise stimulates critical engagement by questioning the status quo and exploring alternative pathways towards a more environmentally and socially just world. We question whether the problems our world is facing can be solved with the same kind of thinking which created them. As a critical student organization, OtherWise examines the dominant ways of doing things, amplifies the voices of the unheard and marginalised, and finds inspiration in bottom-up initiatives. By facilitating space for dialogue during our events (such as lectures, courses, excursions, workshops), we foster critical reflection and help the seeds of more hopeful futures to sprout.
How we work
OtherWise works with two coordinators, the board of the foundation, interns, and enthusiastic volunteers. Before the start of the academic year, we envision the themes we want to focus on during our events. Throughout the year, there is a co-board meeting every two weeks, with the board, coordinators, and interns. Together we continue our long tradition of critical engagement and keep contributing to a thriving WUR community.
About the vacancy
Currently, OtherWise is looking for two coordinators. One will start in August and the other will start in September. Together with the board, the coordinators create and carry out the yearly workplan. It is a flexible job of 18 hours a week, based at our office in Wageningen. The maximum duration of the coordinator position is 2 years. Being a coordinator at OtherWise means you have a very diverse set of tasks: organising events, managing communication and promotion, general administration, networking, and guiding interns and volunteers.
- A fun and inspiring job in a supportive and non-hierarchical collective
- An opportunity to expand your network
- A platform to express your values and visions
- The possibility to put your ideas into practice
- An appointment of 18 hours per week with a montly brutto salary of €1081,35 + holiday allowance
- A Master student or a recent graduate (preferably from the WUR)
- Passionate about social and environmental justice
- Can work flexible hours but also work at the office on a weekly basis
- Fluent in English
- Enjoys organizing activities
- Strong and creative in communication, a good networker, ready to represent OtherWise in diverse settings
- Able to organise your work and deal with a dynamic environment
- Able to take on different roles, from working independently through being a team member to supervising volunteers and interns
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by the 7th of June. Interviews will be held in calendar week 24 and 25. Get in touch for more information.